Home > Creative Writing, Culture, Fun, Microfiction Monday > Stony River’s Microfiction Monday #5

Stony River’s Microfiction Monday #5

There is a fun writing exercise hosted by Susan at Stony River.  Be sure to drop by and check out the many thoughts on a single image. Join in and have some fun ;-) Hope to see you there!

And the triggering town this week?

Tattered Raggedy Ann lies limp out of sight

long gone from the light of mother’s eyes

she feels back through the distance-through the time.

I am hoping to read everyone’s contribution by end of day tomorrow (it’s still Sunday here). It is grand to leave for work in a good mood (graveyard worker), so, come play at Susan’s place.

Cheers All!

1. January 25th, 2010 at 02:45 | #1

Nice great entry hope to read you next week.

Antique Dolls

2. January 25th, 2010 at 06:33 | #2

Awww – sad!

3. January 25th, 2010 at 07:09 | #3

Raggedy Ann lacks the proper exoskeleton to run with this crowd. Should we dip her in plastic?
    .-= first50´s last blog ..Microfiction Monday #15 =-.

4. January 25th, 2010 at 07:33 | #4

Poor Raggedy Ann, shunned again, she never had a chance!
    This is so much fun to read everyone’s contribution on Monday morning.
    I woner if R.A will be dipped in plastic after all!!
    .-= Peggy´s last blog ..Microfiction Monday # 9 =-.

5. January 25th, 2010 at 08:33 | #5

I KNEW someone important was missing in Girl Land!

Nice job!
    .-= hope´s last blog ..Microfiction Monday =-.

6. January 25th, 2010 at 08:43 | #6

Aww — poor Raggedy Ann! This was a sweet and sad one.
    .-= Barbara H.´s last blog ..Before the Throne of God Above =-.

7. January 25th, 2010 at 10:24 | #7

How wonderful and bittersweet this was! Weirdly enough, just yesterday I was cleaning the kids’ room and found our poor Raggedy Ann tossed in a corner. Still smiling, brave soul…
    Beautiful! Thanks!

8. January 25th, 2010 at 10:41 | #8

Ah, poor Raggedy Ann! I felt absolutely the same way this morning! Wistful one for the day!

Sylvia
    .-= Sylvia Kirkwood´s last blog ..Pet Pride! =-.

9. January 25th, 2010 at 10:46 | #9

Maybe she’s out of sight because she was bought first and taken home to be loved on…happy endings?
    .-= southlakesmom´s last blog ..Complaint or Statement of Fact? =-.

10. January 25th, 2010 at 11:36 | #10

Poor Raggedy Ann, I thought her Andy was there to take care of her?? Well she did have a Heart of Stuffing.
    .-= Bill´s last blog ..Microfiction Monday #15 =-.

11. January 25th, 2010 at 14:46 | #11

oh,lovely… bittersweet and unique
    .-= juliana´s last blog ..Microfiction Monday =-.

12. January 25th, 2010 at 23:26 | #12

Prejudice exists even in doll land. [sigh] Poor Raggedy Ann. Perhaps a child will find her soon and she will know love again.
    .-= quilly´s last blog ..Feed Your Brain & Your Heart =-.

13. January 25th, 2010 at 23:43 | #13

@Larry – Thanks! I’ll be there :D

14. January 25th, 2010 at 23:45 | #14

@jabblog uk not too sad, it’s like an old movie, “Thanks for the memories,” hey? ;)

15. January 25th, 2010 at 23:57 | #15

@first50 Plastic Raggedy Ann? Never :D

16. January 25th, 2010 at 23:59 | #16

Alright, I give up. I’ve tried to make this nested comments thing work. Another time perhaps.

@Peggy I agree! It’s a great bit of fun to check through everyone’s contribution of a Monday!

@hope I actually had a Raggedy Andy doll as a kid… drug that silly thing around for a little too long :D

17. January 26th, 2010 at 00:06 | #17

@Barbara H. Thank you. A little bittersweet is good I think… like chocolate chips ;-)

@Susan at Stony River Thanks! Sort of what prompted this… I found an old Raggedy Andy a few weeks ago. Old boxes of junk are amazing sometimes.

@Sylvia Kirkwood Wistful… I really like that – thank you!

@southlakesmom Gotta love happy endings, and when a movie leaves me hanging just a little… I make sure it comes out happy :D

@Bill *grin* too true Bill! I did find Raggedy Andy for the old gal, now we share an old duplex.

@juliana Thank you!

@quilly I think that’s just the remedy. I’ll send Raggedy Andy off to my grandson :D

18. January 26th, 2010 at 00:37 | #18

The little wench needs to pick herself up, dust herself off and start all over again LOL. Great take on the picture. Have a good one :)
    .-= Thom´s last blog ..What US State Are You? and Are we there yet? =-.

19. January 26th, 2010 at 00:48 | #19

I’m commenting to say hi. I’ve been wandering around the Internet looking at what different people who’ve dropped by my site are doing on their sites.

So far, my conclusion is that I could be having more fun. I dropped writing prompts when my life got complicated a couple months back. I like what I was doing, but I want more. It might be cool to do a writing prompt roundup once in a while, linking to other blogs that have good activity around their prompts. What do you think?
    .-= Elizabeth´s last blog ..The test of all beliefs is their practical effect in life =-.

%d bloggers like this: